- Punjabi Deli: New York’s Favorite Rest Stop for Roads & Kingdoms
For 25 years, the Punjabi Deli in the East Village has been a safe haven for New York cab drivers. But despite the efforts of activists and celebrities, this Lower Manhattan institution may be at risk of disappearing forever.
- A Look Back As The Asian Underground Turns 20 for NPR
This new sound became “trendy” in Great Britain. The mainstream media lapped it, and Billboard declared “British Asian Scene on Brink of Mainstream,” as it tried to normalize the movement.
- Brazil’s Home Advantage In The World Cup For The Economist
How much does playing on home turf really affect a team’s performance?
- Ten Great Songs That Subtly Sample South Asian Sounds for Pitchfork
Everyone knows “Get Ur Freak On.” Here are ten less obvious songs that sample South Asian music, from Kanye to Tinashe to various J Dilla projects.
- Tracking Down India’s $4 Smartphone For The Verge
In a country hungry for smartphones, can something this inexpensive be a reality?
- Soccer correspondent at The Independent
- Metro reporter at New York Public Radio
- Music reviews: Resident Advisor, Bandcamp Daily
- Culture for VICE
Film and video: Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, DAVID Systems, Pro Tools, Logic Pro; proficient with Sony and Canon gear/lens kits; field audio recording equipment (boom, handheld, lapel); pre-production (storyboarding, scripting, screenplay, shot breakdown/blocking, site recce/survey); post production (syncing, video editing and sound mixing). Select clients include: Red Bull TV, Google India, Audi India, Songhoy Blues, MTV India. Reel: Assistant director, writer, offline editor
Audio: “Rock The Talk” (2011) (co-host and producer)